Hotel Collection Services Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By providing your data to us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hotel Collection Services Limited of 17 Dominion Street, London EC2M 2EF with registered number 09174166 with its place of business at Salisbury House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us or that we collect about you. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.thehotelcollection.co.uk corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you book a room, subscribe to our service, provide throughout your stay with us or visit to us, provide when you make an enquiry, enter a competition we promote or report a problem with our site. It also includes information we collect about you during your stay and based on your use of hotel facilities, including your purchases and preferences. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and employment information.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive about you from other companies or people you have had dealings with in connection with your stay. In addition to your booking and stay with us, we will collect information from guest loyalty programmes, surveys and competitions, health club membership, dining bookings, meetings and event planning, timeshare ownership, wifi registration, social media interaction, hotel information requests and third party bookings and travel agents.
- Information obtained from previous managers of the hotel(s) where you have stayed. We have obtained information about you from previous managers of the hotel(s) through certain corporate transactions.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us including, without limitation, processing your payment for such services;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to contact you to ask you about your experience using our hotels and services as part of a continual programme or customer service improvement;
- To provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you (if applicable), unless you have notified us at any stage that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We adhere at all times to any marketing preferences you have notified us of. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please notify us at any stage by using the contact details below or, where applicable, by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic communications that we send to you. You may also call our Central Reservations (number below) and ask for your marketing preference to be marked ‘do not email’;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- For internal operations. We use your personal information to provide the services you request from us or which are part of a programme you have joined or a purchase you have made. We may use your information to improve our services, update our records, provide you with the expected level of hospitality, ensure our website and products and services are of interest to you, process enrolments and applications, and facilitate collections. Subject to your preferences, we also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, other marketing communications, product or service awareness marketing, to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws and other contests. We may provide these communications online, via email, and mobile/text messaging (including SMS and MMS);
- To promote and advertise our business where consent is given;
- To administer our site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hotel Collection Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreement between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hotel Collection Services Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by writing to Company Secretary, 17 Dominion Street, London EC2M 2EF or Unit 4, Salisbury House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.