Hotel Collection Services Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it. By providing your data to us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hotel Collection Services Limited of 17 Dominion Street, London EC2M 2EF with registered number 09174166 with its place of business at Salisbury House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us or that we collect about you. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.thehotelcollection.co.uk corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you book a room, subscribe to our service, provide throughout your stay with us or visit to us, provide when you enquire, enter a competition we promote or report a problem with our site. It also includes information we collect about you during your stay and based on your use of hotel facilities, including your purchases and preferences. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and employment information.
- About each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive about you from other companies or people you have had dealings with in connection with your stay. In addition to your booking and stay with us, we will collect information from guest loyalty programmes, surveys and competitions, health club membership, dining bookings, meetings and event planning, timeshare ownership, wifi registration, social media interaction, hotel information requests and third party bookings and travel agents.
- Information obtained from previous managers of the hotel(s) where you have stayed. We have obtained information about you from previous managers of the hotel(s) through certain corporate transactions.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hotel Collection Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data to comply with any legal obligation or to enforce or apply any agreement between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hotel Collection Services Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by writing to Company Secretary, 17 Dominion Street, London EC2M 2EF or Unit 4, Salisbury House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG or emailing email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.